Rural Smiles Foundation is a Youths and women centred non-profit organization whose mandate is to advance and advocate for Health rights, digital rights and economic empowerment among vulnerable persons in Uganda. Founded in November 2020 by indigenous youth members of Kibaale District later registered as a non-profit organization 23 Feb 2023 to advocate and advance, Health, digital rights and economic rights and empowerment among vulnerable persons including refugees, persons with disabilities, sexual and ethnic minority group, sex workers, Adolescent Girls, women and children especially those in rural communities.
- Conduct project design review meetings with respective partner villages and provide feedback as required to update project designs and budgets prior to implementation;
- Coordinate and co-facilitate training activities including but not limited to financial literacy and behaviour and mindset change, water and health sanitation, village savings and loans associations, agriculture, livestock care and management and health outreaches, etc.
- Responsible for implementing Rural Smiles Foundation’s project methodologies with the purpose of increasing household income and reducing extreme poverty as per project designs;
- Develop and submit a list of required goods and services for project implementation to the procurement and logistics officer;
- Responsible for verifying goods/inputs prior to distribution
- Conduct project follow-up and provide support and guidance to community groups and individual households to ensure project compliance and continuation;
- Identify potential risks and issues and provide mitigation measures and recommendations for improvements;
- Conduct regular meetings with leadership and community members on performance, participation, and perceptions of RURAL SMILES FOUNDATION-based projects.
Reporting and Administration
- Develop and manage work plans;
- Complete field reporting on a weekly basis and provide support with information sharing for donor reporting and proposal writing as might be required
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings as well as cluster team meetings to highlight issues and success and outline next steps
- Complete weekly financial requests, submissions and accountabilities to the Senior Project Officer
- Take photographs and share them for data repository
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Providing feedback and recommendations to the Project Officer, Senior Project Officer, and the program team to improve Rural Smiles Foundation’s way of work;
- Provide suggestions to management on potential activities that need to be redone, reviewed or introduced to ensure the sustainability of RURAL SMILES FOUNDATION projects, methodologies and improvement in the lives of community members.
Note: Other requirements as might be required by their direct supervisor and/or management.
Technical and Administrative Skills
- Strong training & facilitation skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written English
- Fluent in local languages where RURAL SMILES FOUNDATION works: Runyankole, Rukiga, Rutooro.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, i.e. Word and Excel
- Understanding of Community-Based Development Principles
- Organizes work effectively while remaining aware of changing priorities and deadlines
- Able to work independently to accomplish tasks but also as part of a team to achieve mutual goals and objectives
- Able to think outside of the box to provide plausible solutions to issues and challenges
- Strong work ethic, flexible, and able to build relationships with various stakeholders most notably colleagues and community members
- Able to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Energetic and physically able to hike high terrain
- Able to travel approximately 90% of the time
- The ability to ride a motorbike would be a strong advantage.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Social Work, Humanities, Community Development, or related field of study
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience at the village level